Saturday, September 22, 2007

Conversations with Claire

*Overheard between Claire and Daddy/Steven:

Claire: I know what the difference is between boys and girls.

Steven: What's that?

Claire: Well, guys only know about cooking and a little bit of cleaning.
Girls know about make-up and fashion. So, that's why they have
to have different bathrooms!

Steven: You're exactly right, Claire.


ROFL!!! You can guess who does the cooking around this house!

On another note: the two little children who I thought just had colds on Monday
ended up with a sick Mommy on Tuesday, and we've all been sick the rest of the week. I actually was/am sick enough that I went out and FINALLY got myself a doctor, since I haven't had one in the more than 2 years that we've been here. Apparently, we have a 'plague like virus' that won't go away...my words, not the doctor's. It is a virus, though, but I can't imagine that the plague felt any worse than this. I tried to send Ethan back to school on Wednesday because I truly thought he was doing better, but the nurse called and sent him back home because he had started running a fever again. They are doing good now, though. I thought I was doing better, but I was wrong. I thought my worse day was last Wednesday, when I had completely lost my voice. It came back...sorta...even though my mom said she didn't recognize my voice on the phone yesterday. Today, I somehow slipped into a virtual coma and slept until 5:00 PM!!! Totally and completely slept through and lost an entire day! Oh, and when I woke up, my voice was gone again. Ethan told me if I didn't drink so many Dr Pepper's I wouldn't be sick. Who does he think he is??? I called him a "blasphemous traitor" and told him that if there was any more talk like that, I'd have to kick him to the curb. He laughed and laughed, then suddenly got this serious look on his face, looked sideways at me and said, "Really?" LOL! When I said no and started laughing, he started laughing again, and told me to drink some orange juice. lol! Balancing right on that edge!

Now I've been up for 4 1/2 hours, and I think it's time for me to go to bed again. Sleep tight, everyone!

No comments: