Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just a quick update...

First of all, thanks for the well-wishes! The kids are doing better...Ethan is still on the mend, not 100%, but I am seeing progress. I'm still going downhill..."Walking Pneumonia"...what is that??? To me, you either have pneumonia, or you don't; not a whole lot of grey area, but, I guess that just means that you have pneumonia, but the doctor doesn't want to give you a hospital vacation. lol!

In other news, Steven and I had our 15th Wedding Anniversary yesterday! We got married on the 10th day of the 10th month at 10:00 am. Sounded like good and lucky to me, and it seems to have worked so far. We didn't do much because I haven't been feeling well, but, he did take the day off and we went to P.F. Chang's for lunch. Mmmm...I love that place! Before we went, we were thinking how nice it would be to eat like adults, without kids...but the whole time we were there, we were checking the time hoping we wouldn't be late picking them up from school! LOL! And OF COURSE a date for us wouldn't be a date without a stop at a bookstore, so we stopped off at Barnes & Noble on the way home. I picked up a Jane Austen novel, "Persuasion", and a book of Kate Chopin's work that includes her novel "The Awakening" along with some of her other short fiction work. I got home and immediately started in on the Kate Chopin book and had a hard time putting it down! After that HUGE lunch I was sure I would fall asleep, yet I was still going strong and blowing goodnight kisses to the kids from my chaise while reading. lol!

Steven didn't get any books but...he did look at a lot of books with pictures! Ha-haaa! Old joke of ours...he doesn't read anything that doesn't have pictures in it.

We also got an old Five for Fighting CD-America Town.


I don't know why it took me so long to get this one. It was made in 2000, and it is wonderful...I love every song! I think I tend to just get lost in whatever I'm listening to at the time, and in 2000 it was probably MatchboxTwenty, so this one slipped right by. If you like bands like Train, Matchbox Twenty, Sister Hazel, Maroon 5, that type of stuff, I think you would like this and I would recommend it...if there is actually someone out there even farther behind in musicland than I am!

And now I have 2 more hours before I have to pick up the monkeys, so maybe I'll have time to work in a nap...or some 'Law & Order'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to get better...NOW! LOL...no really i hope you get better soon....

Jason and I Steven would be looking at the same books at b&n....ones with pictures....bonus f the pictures are airplanes

Jacob said...

DAMNED ITALIAN KEYBOARD!!!!

I hit enter just as I noticed the slash mark in the word verification field.

Now I will have to see if I lost the comment altogether, or if you have approval hooked up. Guess I'll find out if this comment shows up.

Sigh......

Here's an extra slash mark for the road: /

G

Jacob said...

Crap!

Looks like I lost the first one.

Oh well.....G

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, L!! I've been so blog-slack for the last couple of weeks, I hadn't caught up with how sick you are! My goodness! Hope it improves soon.

And congrats on the wedding anniversary!

Anonymous said...

congratulations. 15 years is awesome.