Thursday, October 04, 2007

What do you do...

*If you aren't a mom and/or you get grossed out very easily, don't read. Because Ethan's lungs are gross.

...when your doctor insists that whatever you have is viral and you don't need antibiotics, but you are still running a fever after 3 weeks? And so is your son? Who is also coughing up mucus out of his lungs??? I did make another appointment with the pediatrician for him though...called yesterday morning but they didn't seem concerned in the least, so his appointment isn't until 4:30 this afternoon. My doctor said not to come back unless my fever gets above 101. So I'm living my life on the couch, dying, just wishing I could cough out some of the crap in my lungs, until my head can't take it anymore and I have to take Advil, because I want to let the fever "do it's job"...and this will go on for days until I finally break down, because it's only running in that 100 degree range. And apparently, 100 degrees isn't enough to kill whatever MegaGerm we have.

Really, I don't like going to the doctor because I don't want them to think I'm a whiner, but really...I need some advice here.

***UPDATE: Ethan's Rx...pneumonia. Ay yi yi!

3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Hey! You spell your name the same way my mom does. Anyway, good luck with the pneumonia. I remember how miserable that is.

Anonymous said...

Are you guys feeling any better yet?

Anonymous said...

15 years is amazing. congratulations. oh, and happy halloween! (this means you have to update more often!)