Monday, August 07, 2006

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, POP!

(OK-not playing favorites here...I was going to post individual pictures of each kid, but BLOGGER will only let me post 2 pictures. grr!)




So, sorry we missed it but, hope your birthday was great! Allison is making you something and didn't get it finished in time...hopefully we can finish it today and get it in the mail tomorrow!

Happy Birthday! (steven and lauri) Allison, Ethan and Claire!



So, school starts next Monday! Whoo-hoo! But...already having issues with the elementary school and school hasn't even started. The nurse called this morning about not having Ethan's shot record and he can't start school until she gets it. Yeah...like they let him go there all last year without it! Which I know they had anyway, because the one from Houston wasn't good enough and we had to take him in for an "emergency" check-up, 3 days before school started last year, to the pediatrician here in San Antonio!

*It's not MY fault you lost your paperwork. Idiot.*

Hopefully, the pediatrician faxing over a copy of his records will suffice and I don't have to take him in. Because I don't have enough to do, and I really want to do everything TWICE. Or, 3 times really, in this matter.

Anyway...very, very busy week last week. And somehow the weekend got really busy, too. Today will be busy....

Oh God! I almost forgot to tell y'all the funniest part! I have ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to serve on a jury! It really is a dream of mine. The only other times I've gotten a summons for jury duty was when I was in college, and it was for Harris County and I wasn't there, of course, so I couldn't do it. Well...I got one last week! I was soooo excited!!! I opened it to find out when I was gonna get to go...and guess what?! It's the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL and I have to be there at 8:00 am! Can you freakin' believe it??? ANY other day! Plus, I still have to find someone to keep Claire. Well, I called the only other person I know who could keep her and had to leave a message. Now she's not returning my calls. So...guess I'm gonna have to pass this one up, too. I wonder if I can put a note on there, "Just give me one more year, and I'll be FREE! FREE, I tell ya! FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!" rofl!

No comments: