Monday, July 23, 2007

It's quiet again!

Aaaaaahhh! The girls are having their turn with Nana and Pop, so it's just me and Ethan here during the day. Life is so quiet with less than 3 children!

I'm going to spend this time trying to catch up on all the little projects I have going...a purse for a swap, curtains and things for my new studio, some little embroidery things for the laundry room.

Yes, I am going to decorate the laundry room! That poor room always gets neglected so I'm going to spruce it up a bit to be like the rest of the house. Steven painted it my yellow color (Sherwin-Wiliams Buttery) and added a big, tall cabinet. And, just because we don't have enough other things we need to spend money on, the old washer and dryer were dying a slow, painful death; so we put them out of their misery and got new ones. So now I'm doing a series of little vintagey looking embroidery patterns...the ones with little kitties, ducks and even elephants doing chores, specifically laundry. I also need to make curtains for the laundry room. I have the fabric-a laundry related pattern-but that's gonna take some thought...meaning math...with all the measurements and a thing to put the rod through and all that. So of course, I've been procrastinating. However I didn't waste any time in taking down the old curtains and using them in a crazy quilting project! lol! They were just the PERFECT colors!

Speaking of crazy quilting...it's something I've been wanting to really learn how...

*BREAKING NEWS***THIS JUST IN*
A few minutes ago I sent Steven an email about what I wanted for my birthday. It is something I found that is in the 'calamitykim' shop at Etsy. I think he found it, because I just got the little thing that pops up to let you know you have a new email, and it's to Steven's account and it's titled "Receipt for your payment for item # blahblahblahlongstringofnumbers". hee-hee!

*Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Speaking of crazy quilting...it's something I've been wanting to really learn how to do for a long time, and I took a class on Saturday about it, with the GREATEST SEWING TEACHER EVER! I've taken lots of quilting and sewing classes so I know. This woman was great! Her name is Bobbie, and I took the class at Quilter's Point. The class was full of a great group of women, which is normal, but usually the teacher has no sense of humor what-so-ever. But Bobbie is a HOOT! A few of the ladies were super funny...LEAH..."hold me closer Tony Danza"...and I was cracking up all day long-which is something I really needed! I'm still laughing right now. And Bobbie was wonderful, and patient and kind! By the end of the class everyone was at a different stage, and she didn't even care. She just went around the room checking on everyone individually and helping with whatever they needed at the time. It was just great all the way around.

When the class was over I went out to sign up for another class she is doing, but she said she didn't want me to "waste my money on that class and not get anything out of it" because she said I already knew everything. She has another one though, in a couple of weeks that I asked about, and she said that one would be good for me because I would learn some new things. So, I'm going to take that one.

So this should have you all up to date with what's going on around here. Ethan and I are just gonna chill out this week, and he is going to let me work on things, right??? Maybe I can bribe him with the 'Harry Potter' movie....

No comments: