Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My New Philosophy on Life

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Woo Hoo, what a ride!"

A good one, no?

Onto other things:
1) It quit raining and damn it got hot!

2) My children are THE MOST expensive children ever made! And I'm not talking about things like having to have "The" designer clothes, or "Those" shoes. Y'all know me; I don't go for that. I'm talking about just basic living and keeping them alive and healthy expenses. That must have come from Steven's side of the family, because I didn't have these problems.

3) If Claire asks me one more time, "How many days until school starts?", I'm going to scream.

4) Oh, who am I kidding...I'm gonna scream anyway. I am one slammed door away from the psycho ward!

5) Tonight we get to meet McGruff the Crime Dog, and all the kids are gonna be finger printed. Like we'd have to worry. A kidnapper would have them for all of 45 minutes, be driven out of his mind and have his wallet emptied because
something would happen, and drop them off right at our doorstop ASAP! lol!

6) Really, they are not that bad. And one at a time, they are my dream child and I'm living my dream life. But, having all 3 at home and together all the time? Not so much.

7) Oh! Steven has an ulcerated uvula. Does that top a sinus infection?

8) OK-seriously-it's not that bad. And I'm laughing as I type this, so I hope you take it in the way it was intended!

9) Time for me to take a shower. I don't want to smell worse than McGruff the Crime Dog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. that uvula business sounds painful.

2. you're funny.

3. i like, no i love your new motto!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I can't seem to find the email address to be able to email. For the skirt, it was very very easy but using the measurements on the pattern said I should buy a size 20 (I normally wear a size 10-12). We decided to follow the instructions and bought a size 20 and it was huge. We had to take several inches off for it to fit. But the pattern is very straight forward and it was easy to alter it. I would suggest buying the pattern in your size (since there are usually 3-4 sizes on the pattern and maybe cut it a size bigger). It fits really well. Give it a try.

Lauri said...

THANK YOU for the skirt pattern adivce! Exactly what I needed, because I wear a 12, also.

And that is my one complaint about Blogger...you cannot email back to your commentors! grrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

Lauri, I just love this post. It could have been written about me!
Me, 3 children - way too expensive when it comes to clothing: grow too fast, need a pair of shoes every 3 months and a pair of trousers every three weeks. They eat tons and tons of things and even like my chocolate truffles and all the very expenzive stuff i sometimes give to myself because of all this chaos.
SAHMs seemed a laugh to me when I still was working 8 to 7 but now I know you have to worship them. My time of peace: in the morning when they are at the Kinder and in the evening ehen they are in bed... But I love them dearly and would love to have them one to one more often than possible...
Yvonne