Monday, March 20, 2006

Sooooooo NOT my job description!

I swear, if it's not one thing it's another! Just when I think everything is calming down and I can work (like, ON MY SWAP STUFF that I am sooooooooo far behind on) this comes up!

Ethan was complaining about a tummy ache last Wednesday. He had just had popcorn, candy and a coke at the movies, and we were in my mom's car, which is very low to the ground and much different than mine, so I attributed it to car sickness. Even I was nauseous-which is normal for me, though. He mentioned it again on Thursday when we were driving home, so again I thought it was car sickness.

Yesterday he mentioned it, so Steven and I were thinking he might be constipated. Steven was pushing around on his abdomen and Ethan said it hurt. Steven went to the store for some 'unconstipating' things, but Ethan had totally passed out by the time he got back, so he didn't get anything.

Today, he went to the nurse's office twice at school, complaining of a tummy ache, so I had to pick him up. No signs of anything else going on, though.

So I started asking him just a bunch of questions and pressing on his tummy again. He said it still hurt, and yesterday, when he did go to the bathroom "red goopy stuff" came out. Great! Maybe you should have mentioned that yesterday!

Talked to Steven...he suggested that Ethan may need an enema. I told him, "That is NOT in my job description!"

So, now we have a doctor's appointment in an hour and a half, and I have to go take a shower and get dressed...which I haven't done yet today because I was sure that ALL I had to do was WORK ON MY SWAP STUFF!

And, speaking of Swap Stuff...We got ours from Gina this weekend! The greatest, cutest things!!! Thank you so much, Gina, Kyle, Allison & Emmie! I will take a picture and formally thank you in your own post as soon as I can...it definitely deserves it's own post!

1 comment:

moxiemomma said...

yeesh! hope he's okay.