Friday, December 02, 2005

Quote of the day for Friday, Nov. 2, 2005

"Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by heart, and his friends can only read the title."-Virginia Woolf


So tonight is Steven's department big Christmas Party. Dropped $400 on a new outfit for this one...but, I didn't have to buy new shoes; I can wear the same ones from last time. Look at me getting all thrifty and everything!

The party is going to be at this guy's loft downtown-in the Art District. I thought we would just be having little finger foods and stuff, but apparently the guy is having it catered for a mere $2500! Hope the food is good! Anyway, I thought we should bring a bottle of wine. Easier said than done around here. In Houston we had Spec's...a really huge, great liquor store where you could get anything you wanted. At the liquor stores here, I couldn't do any better than an $8 bottle of Berringer! I could get that at Target for crying out loud! What's the point of a liquor store-other than having a place to get a bottle of Crown-if you're not going to stock good wine??? I ended up going to this wine bar and asked if they sold bottles of wine to go. They did, so I'm pretty sure I got a decent bottle.

Other than that little adventure all over town, that was my day. Well, I did go to the shrink. Did not get to work on any art at all! I have all this stuff I want to use, but just don't have time. I think once I can actually get started it'll be easier to keep going. And I'm noticing little things more than I can use...like I found this great placemat at Target last night...it's several different colors and designs of this silky type of material sewn together in strips. Very easy to take apart and use what I need! Also found a black chenille type placemat and one that is a vintage style...just the right amount of fabric for a few pieces! I just need to work!

Conversations with Ethan and Allison:
Ethan: I can speak Japanese.
Alli: No you can't!
Ethan: Yes I can!
Alli: OK, then say something in Japanese.
Ethan: Choing.

Well. There ya go!

No comments: