Friday, December 30, 2005

The singing, the fighting, the drama...

"Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
He's the greatest chocolatier
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka..."

The only sound coming out of my TV for the last 5 days comes from the 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' DVD. About 3 times I've been able to go in there when no one is around and actually get to change it to 'Law & Order'. It lasts about 3 seconds, then they all come rushing in, "Where's Willy Wonka? I was watching that!" Me: "From OUTSIDE???" Them: "Well, I was just taking a break. But I'm back in now." Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka...

And you know how they fight over everything...toys, bathrooms (they all have their own, but they fight over the GUEST bathroom!), Daddy, who gets to open the door first, food...whatever Claire wants, Ethan says, "But when we were at the store, Daddy bought this for MEEEEEEEEE!!!" Of course I go on to tell them that all the food here is for everyone. If you want something specific that you don't want to share, buy it with your own money. OK-got over that hurdle. But now we are fighting over FLAVORS of what was bought. Like yogurt. You know those little 6 packs that come in god-awful flavors like 'Watermelon-Green Apple' and 'Blueberry-Raspberry Cotton Candy'? Claire made the mistake of grabbing a blue one this morning...she should have known...Ethan felt those vibes from 3500 square feet away and appeared in the kitchen like magic..."The blue ones are only for ME! Blue is for boys, pink is for girls! The pink ones are YOURS, Claiya!"...he says with his little speech problem with his R's. lol!

And the drama! Nothing like a 4 year old girl to bring it on! 7:30 am..."Mom, can we play outside now?" "Um, Claire, it's like 29 degrees out there. Let's wait till it warms up a little bit." "Whaaaaaaaaaa! You NEEVVVER let me play outside!!! You ALWAYS make me stay in! I NEEVVVER...". OK people-if you just go to my 'What were you wearing Christmas Day?' post, you will see I have photographic evidence of Claire playing outside. So she can't say never...I did let her out once.

What's today? Today is Friday, right? They go back to school on Tuesday...well, I'm dropping them off at school anyway...Steven will be home till then...I just might make it through this one with my sanity relatively intact.

1 comment:

kimzbuzz said...

That is great Lauri!!! Yes...the blue is for boys....LMAO!!! and the yes they were watching the movie just not right then. GAWD!!! ;o) just a few more days!!! Hang in there babe!!

Happy days!!
kimmy