Friday, November 11, 2005

Me and Mom



This is a picture I took of a picture I have of me and my mom. This was taken on Valentine's Day, 1967, and I was 6 months old.

My mom was/is seriously beautiful! Just look at those perfectly straight, white teeth! She's about 5'6" tall, and in that picture, probably 105 to 110 lbs. And long, skinny legs! She should have been a model!

I was adopted, so I didn't inherit all of those great features, and because she never had a baby, she still, to this day, has a flat tummy!!! What I find so funny is how everybody always says we look alike...and we totally don't! I'm much shorter (and rounder!) and very fair skin. She is tall and skinny and very dark/olive toned skinned. Cajun. That's what she is! I think they are just being polite when they say things like that, or trying to make conversation, but really...come on people! Come up with something else! Some people think maybe it's our personalities, but that's not it, either.

Anyway, she's a great mom and a great Nana, I love her very much and just wanted this picture out there. It's one of my favorites!

No comments: