Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Party of the Year!

Does Valero know how to throw a party or what?!? Oh my gosh! I have never been to anything like that before! It was in the Alamodome, but you never would have thought you were on the floor of a sports facility. They had completely turned it into a ballroom! There is just no way I could describe this whole thing...the lights; the 4 foot tall bubbling, sparkling centerpieces; the roses and rose petals; the cigars (real and chocolate!); the FOOD, omg and the desserts; the special label champagne and champagne glasses for each couple; the toast and striking up of the band and the confetti exploding and floating down like snow from the ceiling! And of course, that was all AFTER the party outside before we went in to the dinner! Outside the Alamodome, they had black, silver and white balloons all the way up the stair railings, then these big, white hot air balloons floating all around like moons; spotlights that we saw from halfway across town as we were driving down 281; the ice sculptures; the bars every 30 or 40 feet apart and the tables of shrimp, cheeses and other hors douvers (sp?) - not to mention all the waiters and waitresses walking around with trays of drinks and food...Valero Blue Margaritas! Oh my gosh! The whole night was like a wonderland!

I took this picture of Steven and I in the car right as we were backing out of the driveway, on our way there. Aside from the goofy grin, you will notice "the eyeshadow". I know it's not great...not even good...because, aside from a couple of Halloween's and my wedding day (when someone else did it for me) I haven't worn eye shadow since I was a freshman in high school! I don't know what possessed me to go out and buy some for last night, but I did. I think I'll just pass it on to Allison! But, I absolutely love this picture of Steven! He's still so cute! I had to leave the camera in the car though, because it wouldn't fit in my purse...if only I had a camera phone! Aw, who am I kidding? My phone didn't even fit in my purse! lol!

As a last note, I must give a ringing product endorsement for the Revlon Colorstay Lipstick I wore. It really, truly stayed on all night long! I never had to reapply, and it still looked good this morning when I got up, because I passed out in bed without washing my face last night. (What with all the blue margaritas, wine and champagne and all! rofl!)


Cheers for 25 years, Valero Energy!

1 comment:

kimzbuzz said...

You are so cute Laurie! Love your blog! can't wait to read the rest of your blogs...lots to read and kimmy has lots of time for reading!!! :o) Your eyeshadow...ok..i don't know hardly anything about...i wear one neutral colors...and not much make~up but you don't look bad. Looks like you got it on right!! hahahahahaha...i couldn't do that and i wear it everyday!

take care! have a happy night!
kimmy